Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @WebBreacher: Big thanks go out to @harmj0y for the blog post about ntds.dit extraction and the tools ImpDump harmj0y.net/blog/redteamin… #p… 18 hours ago
- RT @JGamblin: RFSec-ToolKit: A collection of Radio Frequency Communication Protocol Hacking tools. github.com/cn0xroot/RFSec… 1 day ago
- RT @Dinosn: Bsides Tampa 2017, Brian Beaudry’s ‘Intro to Fuzzing for Fun and Profit’ youtu.be/ffcZe8Jmw1g 1 day ago
- RT @p3t3_r3c0n: Different ways of stealing netNTLM hashes osandamalith.com/2017/03/24/pla… 1 day ago
- RT @cyb3rops: QNAP QTS Domain Privilege Escalation Vulnerability seclists.org/fulldisclosure… https://t.co/g2Ebblv7G6 2 days ago
- RT @binitamshah: Using SQL Server for attacking a Forest Trust : labofapenetrationtester.com/2017/03/using-… 2 days ago