Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- MagSpoof - credit card/magstripe spoofer github.com/samyk/magspoof… 7 hours ago
- Persistence VulnHub Writeup research.g0blin.co.uk/persistence-vu… 2 days ago
- Hacker predicts AMEX card numbers, bypasses chip and PIN theregister.co.uk/2015/11/25/kam… 2 days ago
- RT @hack_lu: Many of the talks and workshops materials are now online 2015.hack.lu/archive/2015/ after @hack_lu 2015 3 days ago
- 3 Attacks on Cisco TACACS+: Bypassing the Cisco's auth reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 3 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: Autopwn, specify targets and run sets of tools against them github.com/nccgroup/autop… 3 days ago