Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- Reflected File Download Cheat Sheet davidsopas.com/reflected-file… 3 days ago
- Auto Domain Admin and Network Exploitation github.com/sensepost/auto… 3 days ago
- RT @marcmaiffret: Fuzzing for MS15-010 shar.es/1WHpR7 3 days ago
- YiSpecter: First iOS Malware That Attacks Non-jailbroken Apple iOS Devices by Abusing Private APIs researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2015/10/yispec… 4 days ago
- Remote code execution on misconfigured systems using Werkzeug colin.keigher.ca/2014/12/remote… 6 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: CVE-2015-2342 – Remote Code Execution within VMware vCenter 7elements.co.uk/resources/blog… 1 week ago