Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- owaDump – Another tool to use during Phishing Campaigns milo2012.wordpress.com/2016/10/20/owa… 17 hours ago
- RT @Dinosn: Targeting Android for OTA Exploitation contextis.com/resources/blog… 1 day ago
- RT @Dinosn: [local] - Windows DeviceApi CMApi PiCMOpenDeviceKey - Arbitrary Registry Key Write Privilege Escalation (MS16-124) https://t.co… 2 days ago
- RT @XssPayloads: A collection of XSS vectors by @foospidy bit.ly/2eaHOTm 3 days ago
- RT @KevTheHermit: extracting LastPass Site Credentials and LastPassPrivateKey from Memory … techanarchy.net/2016/10/extrac… https://t.co/NZfQrSzI4K 4 days ago
- RT @mwrlabs: Grab the code for PEAS on Github to access internal file shares via Exchange ActiveSync! github.com/mwrlabs/peas 4 days ago