Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @Dinosn: ROP & Heap Spray for a Reverse Shell in IE8 woumn.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/rop… 22 hours ago
- RT @securityshell: Taking Over 120K Domains via a DNS Vulnerability in AWS, Google Cloud, Rackspace and Digital Ocean https://t.co/utphgHv6… 1 day ago
- Here's 1.4 billion records from Have I been pwned for you to analyse flip.it/4PpPB4 2 days ago
- RT @binitamshah: Windows Kernel Exploitation : Write-What-Where : fuzzysecurity.com/tutorials/expD… cc @FuzzySec https://t.co/4YkgZxRehX 3 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: Rattler:Identifying and Exploiting DLL Preloading Vulnerabilities sensepost.com/blog/2016/ratt… 4 days ago
- RT @jedisct1: RT @singe: Neat trick, drop your payload in a file named CRYPTSP.dll in Downloads & most M$ installers will preload it if run… 5 days ago