Metagoofil Fix (Intelligence Gathering)
Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @patrickwardle: PoC for macOS 10.12.4 kernel memory leak (0day): pastebin.com/87fHLMQq 🙈😈 ...previously blogged about it here: https:/… 9 hours ago
- RT @ifsecure: WinAFL 1.08 can collect coverage only from a thread that hits the fuzzed function using -thread_coverage flag, https://t.co/a… 1 day ago
- RT @xxByte: bad character finder for exploit development - github.com/mgeeky/expdevB… https://t.co/XmZRwnsGyG 1 day ago
- RT @HackwithGithub: gitrob #Reconnaissance tool for #GitHub organizations Author: @michenriksen #OSINT #recon github.com/michenriksen/g… 1 day ago
- RT @Dinosn: Setting up a 3G network using osmo-iuh and a femto/small cell (osmocon17) cdn.media.ccc.de/events/osmocon… 1 day ago
- RT @mwrlabs: Abusing native Microsoft Office functionality to gain persistence labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/blog/add-in-op… 1 day ago