Metagoofil Fix (Intelligence Gathering)
Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @caseyjohnellis: neat, the #shadowbrokers exploits are up on @exploitdb now https://t.co/vUnbMUO0SO 3 hours ago
- RT @guvn0r: Michele Orrù @antisnatchor - Dark FairyTales from a Phisherman Vol III youtu.be/8DJKp7nKAes via @YouTube / great talk, tha… 3 hours ago
- pwntools.com Awesome CTF and exploit development toolkit 12 hours ago
- RT @cyb3rops: kwprocessor Keyboard-walk generator w/configureable basechars, keymap & routes by @hashcat github.com/hashcat/kwproc… https://t… 13 hours ago
- RT @FuzzySec: Invoke-SMBShell, POC shell that uses encrypted SMB for communication - github.com/FuzzySecurity/… https://t.co/tXBRLyngj6 13 hours ago
- RT @geeknik: Fuzzing Perl: A Tale of Two American Fuzzy Lops geeknik.net/71nvhf1fp #infosec #fuzzing 2 days ago