Metagoofil Fix (Intelligence Gathering)
Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- Using Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) Remotely with Metasploit flip.it/MM1Fn 13 hours ago
- RT @subTee: Presenting -"WMIKatz" - Executes Local File Mimikatz From WMI Provider gist.github.com/subTee/eeb1835… Memory Only Will Be Released @W… 1 day ago
- Statistics based password cracking rules released for hashcat reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 2 days ago
- RT @WEareTROOPERS: vUSBf:A KVM/QEMU based USB-fuzzing framework github.com/schumilo/vUSBf 5 days ago
- Bypassing Rolling Systems (like those used on cars) with cheap radio hardware reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 1 week ago
- RT @Dinosn: Hacking Microsoft SQL Server Without a Password blog.anitian.com/hacking-micros… 1 week ago