Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @mwrinfosecurity: Our paid #internship applications are now open - real, hands-on infosec experience & employment opportunities await! h… 1 day ago
- Rethinking & Repackaging IOS Apps: Part 1 bishopfox.com/blog/2015/02/r… 2 days ago
- RT @BlackHatEvents Save time looking up exploits during pentest with #BHASIA Arsenal tool “MetasploitHelper” @keith55 ow.ly/JEPfz 2 days ago
- RT @BlackHatEvents: Parse Nessus reports & extract important vuln assessment findings w/ Nmap2Nessus by @keith55 - #BHASIA Arsenal tool htt… 2 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: Maximum Overkill Two - From Format String Vulnerability to Remote Code Execution barrebas.github.io/blog/2015/02/2… 4 days ago
- RT @nikhil_mitt: [Blog Post] Using Windows Screensaver as a backdoor using #PowerShell. #Nishang labofapenetrationtester.com/2015/02/using-… 5 days ago