Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @patrickwardle: PoC for macOS 10.12.4 kernel memory leak (0day): pastebin.com/87fHLMQq 🙈😈 ...previously blogged about it here: https:/… 9 hours ago
- RT @ifsecure: WinAFL 1.08 can collect coverage only from a thread that hits the fuzzed function using -thread_coverage flag, https://t.co/a… 1 day ago
- RT @xxByte: bad character finder for exploit development - github.com/mgeeky/expdevB… https://t.co/XmZRwnsGyG 1 day ago
- RT @HackwithGithub: gitrob #Reconnaissance tool for #GitHub organizations Author: @michenriksen #OSINT #recon github.com/michenriksen/g… 1 day ago
- RT @Dinosn: Setting up a 3G network using osmo-iuh and a femto/small cell (osmocon17) cdn.media.ccc.de/events/osmocon… 1 day ago
- RT @mwrlabs: Abusing native Microsoft Office functionality to gain persistence labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/blog/add-in-op… 1 day ago