Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @WebBreacher: Big thanks go out to @harmj0y for the blog post about ntds.dit extraction and the tools ImpDump harmj0y.net/blog/redteamin… #p… 18 hours ago
- RT @JGamblin: RFSec-ToolKit: A collection of Radio Frequency Communication Protocol Hacking tools. github.com/cn0xroot/RFSec… 1 day ago
- RT @Dinosn: Bsides Tampa 2017, Brian Beaudry’s ‘Intro to Fuzzing for Fun and Profit’ youtu.be/ffcZe8Jmw1g 1 day ago
- RT @p3t3_r3c0n: Different ways of stealing netNTLM hashes osandamalith.com/2017/03/24/pla… 1 day ago
- RT @cyb3rops: QNAP QTS Domain Privilege Escalation Vulnerability seclists.org/fulldisclosure… https://t.co/g2Ebblv7G6 2 days ago
- RT @binitamshah: Using SQL Server for attacking a Forest Trust : labofapenetrationtester.com/2017/03/using-… 2 days ago