Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @gN3mes1s: FUZZING THE WINDOWS KERNEL - gsec.hitb.org/materials/sg20… nice slides from @yongchuank 13 hours ago
- RT @wezmaster: HanzoInjection injecting arbitrary codes in memory to bypass common antivirus solutions github.com/P0cL4bs/hanzoI… 3 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: Fuzzing the windows kernel gsec.hitb.org/materials/sg20… 3 days ago
- RT @CoreSecurity: Chrome and Firefox address bar vulnerabilities allow spoofed URLs hubs.ly/H042Kr70 https://t.co/o7SjvNDQbL 3 days ago
- RT @dragosr: PacSec registration is live. Grace period for CFP submissions until Monday. Send em to secwest16 [at] PacSec.jp -- https://t.c… 3 days ago
- Hunting high-value targets in corporate networks - Patrick Fussell, Josh Stone youtube.com/watch?v=8ISoR6… 3 days ago