Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @mwrlabs: .@den_n1s wrote up his intern project on using @sysdig and falco to create high interaction honeypots labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/blog/high-inte… 1 hour ago
- Stopping Powershell Attacks that Bypass Antivirus: Mimikatz and "Mimidogz" blog.barkly.com/mimikatz-power… 3 hours ago
- RT @jarsnah12: Anytime I catch a client blocking my burp scans with a WAF/FW, I giggle, fire up shellntel.com/blog/2016/1/14… and grab a cup of c… 16 hours ago
- Ekoparty 12 (2016) conference videos youtube.com/playlist?list=… 19 hours ago
- RT @cktricky: SpyDir Burp Suite Extension - Tool & Blog Post by @_aur3lius: nvisium.com/blog/2017/01/1… (enums content from reading source cod… 1 day ago
- RT @layer_one: LayerOne 2017 dates and CFP are up! CFT (new for 2017) coming soon. Read more at layerone.org/layerone-2017-… 1 day ago