Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @Dinosn: ROP & Heap Spray for a Reverse Shell in IE8 woumn.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/rop… 22 hours ago
- RT @securityshell: Taking Over 120K Domains via a DNS Vulnerability in AWS, Google Cloud, Rackspace and Digital Ocean https://t.co/utphgHv6… 1 day ago
- Here's 1.4 billion records from Have I been pwned for you to analyse flip.it/4PpPB4 2 days ago
- RT @binitamshah: Windows Kernel Exploitation : Write-What-Where : fuzzysecurity.com/tutorials/expD… cc @FuzzySec https://t.co/4YkgZxRehX 3 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: Rattler:Identifying and Exploiting DLL Preloading Vulnerabilities sensepost.com/blog/2016/ratt… 4 days ago
- RT @jedisct1: RT @singe: Neat trick, drop your payload in a file named CRYPTSP.dll in Downloads & most M$ installers will preload it if run… 5 days ago