Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- Social Engineering
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @KevTheHermit: using @volatility to grab @LastPass credentials from memory. https://t.co/VkiXafs753 4 hours ago
- The Equation Group's Firewall Exploit Chain ixiacom.com/company/blog/e… 5 hours ago
- JetLeak Vulnerability: Remote Leakage of Shared Buffers in Jetty Web Server [CVE-2015-2080] blog.gdssecurity.com/labs/2015/2/25… 14 hours ago
- Hash view - A web front-end for password cracking and analytics hashview.io 3 days ago
- A prototype SSH configuration and policy scanner github.com/mozilla/ssh_sc… 3 days ago
- #HITB2016AMS D1T2 - Sandjacking: Profiting From iOS Malware - Chilik Tamir youtube.com/watch?v=Qoi5wt… github.com/Mi3Security/su… 3 days ago