Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- HITBSecConf2015 Amsterdam: Presentation Materials reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 3 hours ago
- Windows 8.0 / 8.1 x64 TrackPopupMenu Privilege Escalation packetstormsecurity.com/files/131964/t… 1 week ago
- Nat McHugh: How to make two binaries with the same MD5 hash natmchugh.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/how-to… 3 weeks ago
- The BACKRONYM Vulnerability. Downgrade MySQL SSL connections to plaintext reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 3 weeks ago
- Fuzzing nginx - Hunting vulnerabilities with afl-fuzz lolware.net/2015/04/28/ngi… 4 weeks ago
- SMBmap github.com/ShawnDEvans/sm… 1 month ago