Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @d1rt_diggler: Modern ObjC exploitation - hot off the presses #infiltrate2015 phrack.com/papers/modern_… 6 days ago
- RT @w3af: ma.ttias.be/remote-code-ex… says that simple tests for CVE-2015-1635 trigger a BSOD and take the server offline. 1 week ago
- RT @BlackHatEvents: #BlackHat Arsenal Call for Tools is open for #BHUSA 2015! Submit by May 15th for a chance to demo in Vegas: http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @hdmoore: 18-year-old SMB vulnerability resurfaces, dozens of vendors affected: csoonline.com/article/290847… (via @SteveD3) 1 week ago
- Ruxcon 2015 Call For Presentations goo.gl/WXNBvr 1 week ago
- RT @Dinosn: CanSecWest Vancouver 2015 files cansecwest.com/csw15archive.h… 2 weeks ago