Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @Dinosn: How Cross-Site WebSocket Hijacking could lead to full Session Compromise notsosecure.com/blog/2014/11/2… 1 hour ago
- RT @pentestit: Agafi/ROP a Win32 command line tool used to find gadgets and build ROP-Chains - github.com/CoreSecurity/A… 1 day ago
- CVE-2014-8609 Android Settings application privilege leakage vulnerability zite.to/1vlsXqO 2 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: Linux Kernel libfutex Local Root for RHEL/CentOS 7.0.1406 exploit-db.com/exploits/35370 2 days ago
- Android Application hacking with Insecure Bank Part 1 zite.to/1FnLRQZ 2 days ago