Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Medusa ‘combo’ word lists (default usernames and passwords) for SSH and Telnet services
- Extended functionality for Burp Plugin – Carbonator
- Oracle Exploitation – Interesting Data Finder/Data Dumper
- Oracle Exploitation – Privilege Escalation
- WordPress Plugin NextGEN Gallery 1.9.12 Arbitrary File Upload vulnerability (CVE-2013-3684)
- DEF CON 22 - Weaponizing Your Pets - Gene Bransfield youtube.com/watch?v=DMNSvH… 1 hour ago
- Reversing the dropbox client on windows zite.to/1tnViJz 1 day ago
- RT @wtfbbqcat: There are slots available at #HITB2014KUL #CTF! Plz email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register! #hack #hacker #exploit #r… 1 day ago
- RT @Foundstone: New Blog Post: Learning Exploitation with FSExploitMe bit.ly/1uRhfEF 1 day ago
- RT @HITBSecConf: RT @raistolo: @HITBSecConf Yay! Excited to come to Kuala Lumpur for one of my favorite cons :) #HITB2014KUL 1 day ago
- RT @Fuzion24: Slides from @TeamAndIRC's Android exploitation training at Blackhat 2014 docs.google.com/file/d/0B-idfo… there's some fun stuff in t… 2 days ago