Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- BSides Singapore bit.ly/1gmXg4F #BSidesSingapore 1 day ago
- RT @gynvael: Next week I'll be giving a free webinar on reverse-engineering (practical tricks) gynvael.coldwind.pl/?id=528 join us:) (thx to @ga… 1 day ago
- RT @jonathanmarcil: #OWASP AppSec California 2014 conference playlist (30 videos) youtube.com/playlist?list=… @AppSecCali 1 day ago
- RT @suffert: RT @attrc: Nice work on finding a firmware backdoor by console cowboys: console-cowboys.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-cu… #dfir #infosec 1 day ago
- Automated Phone Cracker/App Tester Steps it Up a Notch feedly.com/e/MvfoK0yU via @feedly 3 days ago
- RT @jmgosney: #Passwords14 will be Aug 5-6 at Tuscany Suites & Casino with @BSidesLV. CFP is open now, website mostly updated. http://t.co/… 4 days ago