Metagoofil Fix (Intelligence Gathering)
Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @w3bd3vil: Source code to the OLE exploit. CVE-2014-4114 pastebin.com/7N0PdF3f Pretty cool! 2 hours ago
- RT @irongeek_adc: All the @GrrCON videos will be downloadable from archive.org/details/GrrCON… in a few hours. Including ones with botched audi… 5 hours ago
- RT @ithurricanept: 64-bit Zero-Day Privilege Escalation Exploit (CVE-2014-4113) Sample EXP: uploaded.net/file/twlxreql http://t.co/F9Ae6JMQT1 5 hours ago
- RT @lcamtuf: Whimsical investigation of the day - fuzzing on Edison: lcamtuf.coredump.cx/edison_fuzz/ 17 hours ago
- RT @pent0thal: Tiny SHell: An open-source UNIX backdoor compiled for iPhone - github.com/creaktive/tsh/ 22 hours ago
- RT @MarioVilas: idb is a tool to simplify some common tasks for iOS pentesting and research github.com/dmayer/idb/wik… 3 days ago