Metagoofil Fix (Intelligence Gathering)
Metagoofil is a useful tool to use for the passive reconnaissance in the intelligence gathering phrase of penetration testing.
Metagoofil is available for download at http://code.google.com/p/metagoofil
It allows you to extract useful metadata from public documents belong to a target company from search engine.
You can learn about using Metagoofil at Irongeek’s site http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/using-metagoofil-to-extract-metadata-from-public-documents-found-via-google
I was trying to use metagoofil today. The results show that there are 7 files found but they are actually invalid links.
How to apply the patch?
You can download the patch from http://pastebin.com/prHBxqfK
Save the file from pastebin as parser.patch in the metagoofil-read-only folder.
To apply the patch, type “patch -i parser.patch” as shown in the below screenshot.
You should see the below lines in your updated parser.py file in your metagoofil-read-only folder.
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy having fun with using Metagoofil as much as I do.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- RT @theKos: Awesome unicode bug to take over accounts on spotfy. labs.spotify.com/2013/06/18/cre… Great writeup. 21 hours ago
- RT @superbacker: Defcon 21 Quals Writeupとかをまとめる予定地 - piyolog (id:Kango / @piyokango) d.hatena.ne.jp/Kango/20130617… 1 day ago
- RT @aykay: Cracking iOS personal hotspots using a Scrabble crossword game word list, full report at www1.cs.fau.de/hotspot 1 day ago
- @PhyllisFatball you so damn cool today !! 2 days ago
- RT @nullcon: nullcon Goa 2013 Video - Hardware backdooring is possible - By Jonathan Brossard youtu.be/yRpilXPv8pU 4 days ago
- RT @jeremiahg: "Pwning Facebook accounts, taking a little help from Quora" and an open redirect vuln: bit.ly/13LiJze 4 days ago