Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- RT @antisnatchor: As @miaubiz said previously, I'm very impressed by @demi6od research github.com/demi6od/Smashi… . Great ideas and awesome bu… 2 days ago
- RT @bcrypt: Yahoo Security is hiring for crypto engineers so that I'm not the only person on my team. plz join! yahoosecurity.tumblr.com/post/959588902… 2 days ago
- winboxHunter bit.ly/1qLwx78 #pentest #security 3 days ago
- DEF CON 22 Archive is Now Live! defcon.org/html/links/dc-… 4 days ago
- For Early Release - The Internet of Fails youtu.be/WHdU4LutBGU?li… 4 days ago
- Shakacon VI 2014 videos reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 4 days ago