Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- AMA: Authors of The Art of Memory Forensics reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 3 days ago
- RT @IOActive: We've created a YouTube playlist for all the cool stuff our team get up to in their research bit.ly/IOAcoolstuffYT #security… 3 days ago
- RT @cure53berlin: The Cure53 XSS Challenge 2014 is online! cure53.de/xmas2014/ 3 days ago
- RT @insertScript: My write up about my latest PDF Vulns. HackPra video will follow the next days insert-script.blogspot.co.at/2014/12/multip… 4 days ago
- RT @ChrisJohnRiley: [SuggestedReading] THC-SMARTBRUTE- smartcard instruction analysis tool ift.tt/1vX8fi0 6 days ago
- RT @securityshell: From MS14-068 to Full Compromise - Step by Step trustedsec.com/december-2014/… 6 days ago