Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @ChrisJohnRiley: [SuggestedReading] DoubleDirect – Full-Duplex ICMP Redirect Attacks in the Wild ift.tt/1xw5yDM 11 hours ago
- RT @ChrisJohnRiley: [SuggestedReading] Hack3rcon 5 Videos ift.tt/1ESplh3 19 hours ago
- RT @ChrisJohnRiley: [SuggestedReading] .NET Remoting Services Exploit tool ift.tt/1xRcMkF 19 hours ago
- Dude, where's my car part 2 - Reverse shells and your car reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 1 day ago
- Use After Free Exploits for Humans Part 1 - Exploiting MS13-080 on IE8 winxpsp3 webstersprodigy.net/2014/11/19/use… 2 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: adb and Android shell cheat sheet github.com/maldroid/adb_c… 3 days ago