Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- IDA Sploiter - a powerful exploit development and vulnerability research plugin for IDA Pro reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 23 hours ago
- RT @inf0g33k: Hacking Canon Pixma Printers - Doomed Encryption contextis.com/resources/blog… @ihackstuff reminded me of - How to own a box. 1 day ago
- Troopers14 – Presentations reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 4 days ago
- RT @Dinosn: Exploiting Ammyy Admin – developing an 0day scriptjunkie.us/2014/09/exploi… 5 days ago
- RT @OWASPiGoat: More Goat Goodness for y'all! OWASP iGoat 2.2 released, with an exercise on certificate pinning. code.google.com/p/owasp-igoat/ 5 days ago
- RT @Jhaddix: Testing for SSL bugs the manual way - exploresecurity.com/wp-content/upl… 5 days ago