Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @Dinosn: CVE-2014-4113 Detailed Vulnerability and Patch Analysis codeandsec.com/CVE-2014-4113-… 4 hours ago
- Hack.lu CTF Writeups github.com/ctfs/write-ups… 9 hours ago
- The Case of the Modified Binaries zite.to/1sf1h0o 9 hours ago
- RT @hack_lu: Talk from Paul Jung, " Bypasss sandboxes for fun " is now online 2014.hack.lu/archive/2014/B… 2 days ago
- RT @hdmoore: Fun part about R7-2014-17: Over 1 million devices can be turned into reverse proxies for exploit kits & malware C&C: https://t… 2 days ago
- RT @ilmila: Releasing #j2eescan plugin for @Burp_Suite to test #j2ee web applications bit.ly/1sZh9tb #security #java http://t.co/qJ… 3 days ago