Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- RT @jonathanmarcil: #OWASP AppSec California 2014 conference playlist (30 videos) youtube.com/playlist?list=… @AppSecCali 1 hour ago
- RT @suffert: RT @attrc: Nice work on finding a firmware backdoor by console cowboys: console-cowboys.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-cu… #dfir #infosec 2 hours ago
- Automated Phone Cracker/App Tester Steps it Up a Notch feedly.com/e/MvfoK0yU via @feedly 2 days ago
- RT @jmgosney: #Passwords14 will be Aug 5-6 at Tuscany Suites & Casino with @BSidesLV. CFP is open now, website mostly updated. http://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @pof: Here are my slides from today's presentation at @rootedcon: Bypassing wifi pay-walls with Android [PDF] docs.google.com/uc?export=down… #r… 4 days ago
- RT @pof: The PoC I presented today at @rootedcon is available here: "hotspot-bypass" - play.google.com/store/apps/det… enjoy :) 4 days ago