Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- @hakin9 you too! 7 hours ago
- RT @Dinosn: CRC Collisions 0xawes0.me/writeups/2014/… 14 hours ago
- RT @ithurricanept: ZjDroid：Android app dynamic reverse tool based on Xposed framework via Baidu Security Labs： github.com/BaiduSecurityL… 1 day ago
- RT @Dinosn: MinHook - A Minimalistic x86/x64 API Hooking Library reddit.com/r/ReverseEngin… 2 days ago
- Pintool + IDAPython for Enhancing Static RE on Windows reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 3 days ago
- Syscan360 2014 - presentations reddit.com/r/netsec/comme… 3 days ago