Speed Improvement for Metagoofil (Intelligence Gathering)
I made some speed bumps to the source code for metagoofil by adding in some threading code to speed up the downloading process.
The below tests were done on a vmware guest with 4GB of ram with 1 processor (2 cores).
Results might varies on your machine.
For the below test, I ran metagoofil against microsoft.com for 100 pdfs.
Results show that you can get quite a significant speed improvement if you are downloading a lot of documents for analysis with metagoofil.
If you adventurous enough to try the patch, you can download the patch or the updated metagoofil.py file from the below links
Let me know if you face any issues.
- BeEF Project
- Captcha Cracking
- Client Side Attacks
- Featured Publications
- Intelligence Gathering
- iPhone Apps
- iPhone Espionage
- Location Tracking
- Misc Security
- Password Cracking
- Penetration Testing
- Pentest Scripts
- Post Exploitation
- Reversing Firmwares
- SQL Injection
- Web Application Testing
- RT @irongeek_adc: All the @GrrCON videos will be downloadable from archive.org/details/GrrCON… in a few hours. Including ones with botched audi… 15 minutes ago
- RT @ithurricanept: 64-bit Zero-Day Privilege Escalation Exploit (CVE-2014-4113) Sample EXP: uploaded.net/file/twlxreql http://t.co/F9Ae6JMQT1 15 minutes ago
- RT @lcamtuf: Whimsical investigation of the day - fuzzing on Edison: lcamtuf.coredump.cx/edison_fuzz/ 11 hours ago
- RT @pent0thal: Tiny SHell: An open-source UNIX backdoor compiled for iPhone - github.com/creaktive/tsh/ 17 hours ago
- RT @MarioVilas: idb is a tool to simplify some common tasks for iOS pentesting and research github.com/dmayer/idb/wik… 3 days ago
- RT @mdowd: Sweet, #ruxcon breakpoint slides are online: ruxconbreakpoint.com/slides/ 3 days ago